Saturday 14 April 2018

Resist Techniques

I have now completed my first two Saturdays of workshops at McOyster Crafts in Cupar. It was lovely to see a few familiar faces as well as some new ones. Although I had forgotten how tiring it can be. I was certainly ready for a gin or two when I got home!! But well worth the effort!

The workshops seemed to go down quite well. So I am going to do my next workshop on Saturday 12th May. The samples for this class are shown in my previous post. I love techniques so this class is all about resist. This class is based on embossing powders but I will probably put together another class to explore this technique further as the possibilities are amazing!!

I haven't had so much time for crafting lately. I am however loving my stamping platform. It has enable me to revisit my Penny Black "Brushstroke" stamps. I made this card recently for someone who loves birds. I intend to do lots more of this type of card for my stash!!


I love the way you can gradually build up the colour to get a beautiful watercolour effect. Before I had my stamping platform I would apply inks directly to the stamp, spritz with water and hope for the best. Sometimes it would work quite well but more often than not it was a bit hit or miss. Now I get beautiful images every time. I adore this Penny Black stamp with the two birds sitting side by side. Perfect for several occasions.




4 comments:

  1. A very stylish and elegant card. I have a Misti and would not be without it. Brilliant for sentiments, especially when you don't get a crisp image first time.

    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely to see what you are up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. therapeutic music

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...