Wednesday 14 January 2015

Woodware - Focus on Grandparents

This week over at Woodware the theme is cards for a special Grandparent. My special Grandad is no longer here but I know he would have liked this card. I recently bought this Stampendous stamp CRW113 Rooster Elements. 


I love these collage stamps, they stamp really well and then only require a little colour to bring them to life. 
And here is my card :



The background was made using blended Distress inks and a honeycomb mask which looks a bit like chicken wire. I cut a strip of burlap and frayed each long edge to go across the middle of the card.
For the rooster panel I stamped twice onto white card stock. Then I added colour with inks and brush markers. Then I cut out one rooster to decoupage on to the base panel. I added some Frantage embossing powders, glass glitter and mica flakes along the base of the panel.


I love Frantage for adding a bit of texture. 


Then I decided to make it into an easel card. I used the same technique for the small panel  at the base. The words were computer generated and printed onto white card. The little bee is an old Stampendous stamp the I have had for years. I just wanted a little something to finish off the base plate. 



Then inside I stamped a Woodware sentiment that seemed appropriate!


I really like this stamp and I am sure it will get well used.
I wonder when I am a grandmother will I get handmade cards from my grandchild? I hope so. That's all for this week. I need to get back to making wedding invitations for my daughter's wedding later this year. I have finished the day ones, now it's the evening ones!! 
Remember to pop over to Woodware for lots of great ideas.
Have a good week.
Siobhan x

1 comment:

  1. Love your card, fabulous colouring , that's another stamp on my wish list ,can see lots of uses for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...