Saturday 13 December 2014

Woodware - Inchies

Well that's another hectic week gone by in a flash. So it was quite nice to sit in my craft room for an evening for some time out!! This week at Woodware we are using "inchies". I have done a few cards in the past with inchies and I like the whole idea. of putting together small images to make a sort of collage effect.
As I am still short of Christmas cards this year I decided to make a Christmas card with mine.




All the images I used are Stampendous. I stamped the images onto scraps of card first. Some I embossed with gold powder. Then I used the 1 inch square punch to cut out the portion of the image I wanted. I wanted to use mine as diamonds just to change things up a bit. I then layered them onto green squares and assembled as shown:


To finish off I used some die cut corners and some pearls. Then a die-cut flower just as a final embellishment. 
I hope you are all coping with the stresses of the run-up to Christmas. My Irish Christmas parcel is ready to go this morning and this afternoon I am putting up the tree. Last year I had a melt-down because I could not get the tree to stand up straight. I nearly chucked the whole lot away!! I am hoping for a less stressful time this time!!
While I had the green and gold out I made a batch of quick cards with a lovely Penny Black stamp.


I had already stamped out the images previously ...... something I should do more of!!
Have a good week and try to stay calm!! My mantra for this week!!

Siobhan x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...