Friday 4 July 2014

WOODWARE - Card in a Box

I must admit I was filled with dismay at this week's challenge from Woodware. I am not known for making dimensional cards. So I had to go on to "Splitcoast Stampers" to see if I could find a tutorial on how to make these cards that fold flat but then pop up to make a box filled with flowers!! My friend Linda had shown me one she made a while back and so I knew what was expected. I used Dina Kowal's excellent tutorial (click on the Splitcoast Stamper's link above and it will take you straight there.
Well I have kept mine quite simple and have chosen a wedding theme as most of the other girls on our DT had chosen flowers for their boxes. And I actually enjoyed making it!!



The main image is one of my favourite Stampendous stamps "Happy Couple". I have added a bit of colour to the stamped image and of course some crystal glitter for her dress.



The sentiment is another Stampendous stamp which was released as a Christmas stamp. But I thought it worked as a wedding sentiment too. The bit you can't see says "and friends that care".



And yes!! It does fold flat and will fit in to a C5 envelope. 

Now that I have made one I might make it again for different occasions. 
Thank goodness it's Friday. Hope you all have a good weekend! Shame we won't be watching Andy Murray in the men's final at Wimbledon. 
Siobhan x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...