Wednesday 12 March 2014

Woodware -Sketch 32

It is sketch time again over at Woodware this week. The simple sketch we have been given looks like this: 



A nice easy sketch. My sister and her family are horse lovers. So I couldn't resist using this lovely Stampendous "Filly sketch" . I am sure this will get used several times!!




I stamped the horse's head onto white cardstock that I coloured first with blended dye inks. I then masked the horse and over stamped with the text stamps.



I stamped some single words around the edges in black.



A very simple layout. I stamped text onto the darker brown background card the added the sentiment and some candi to complete.
My friend Linda and I are heading down to Yorkshire this weekend for our craft retreat. A weekend of crafting, chatting, friendship and cakes!! And hopefully a trip to Embsay Crafts for a little retail therapy. I have been doing some sewing lately so might pick up some new fabrics as well. I might even see a nice backing fabric to complete the jelly roll quilt I am working on.



 I am so looking forward to it!!
Siobhan x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Siobhan, love the horse, great colours that are well matched, super idea. You make it look so easy !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...