Monday 15 July 2013

Woodware - The Great Outdoors

Whoops!!! I am a little late posting this. I completely forgot last night that I was first up this week for Woodware. This week our theme is the "Great Outdoors". I was about to reach for my trusty Stampendous Tree Poem stamp when I thought I had better use something else instead. I have used that stamp several times recently and didn't think Dorothy, our team leader, would appreciate another version.
So I had a rake through my Dreamweaver stencils and found another tree!! This is called Cedar Tree. I love oriental style cards and haven't made any for a while.



The tree was stencil embossed by running it though my die cutting machine. Then I coloured it with pigment inks and stencil brushes. I also found another stencil of cranes that had a bamboo border and used the bamboo down the edge of my background paper. I blended a little Antique Linen Distress Ink over the top to help make it stand out more.

Here is the finished card.


To finish of I used an embossing folder on bronze card and wrapped some garden twine around. I couldn't find my rafia!! Then I found a chinese coin and used some beads to dangle off the ends.

 
Simple but effective!!
I have no idea what the other girls will come up with for this theme. Should be interesting!! Check them out at the Woodware blog.
Have a good week!!
Siobhan x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...