Tuesday 22 January 2013

Woodware - Bubbles and Bubblegum Pink



My goodness!! I don't know who chose this theme for us this week at Woodware but it was a bit of a challenge. I am not a pink person and I had to dredge through a lot of stamps to eventually find this old one designed by Francoise. This is FRN006  Champagne Celebration. I bought this years ago to make an engagement card.
I stamped the image in black twice and cut out one as a tag. This was coloured in with pink markers and then I added glitter to the  glasses on the second image, to cut out when dry and decoupage onto the tag. 


For the background I blended a couple shades of pink dye inks onto white card stock. To create the bubbles I used some small solid circle stamps (they came from an old winter Woodware clear set that has been discontinued). But any solid circles will do or even punch some out of craft foam with circle punches or dies. I spritzed with water, stamped and lifted off. This removes some of the ink leaving the bubbles. You may have noticed that this is a favourite technique of mine for building up layers in a background stamp.



To finish off I added some ribbon to the tag which I heated gently with my heat gun to cause it to crinkle and then added some glitter domes and clear gems for a little bit of sparkle.
I am second of out DT to post this week so I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with over at the Woodware blog.
I thought I would share another photo with you which I took through my craft room window. It is a female yellow hammer. There was a group of 4 of them feeding on the grass. I have never seen them in the garden before as they are usually a bird of fields and hedgerows. 

 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...