Monday 17 December 2012

Woodware - A Little Birdie Told Me

This week at Woodware we are no longer doing Christmas. The theme for this week is "A Little Birdie Told Me". I must confess I have been so busy at work, Christmas shopping and making all the things I meant to do weeks ago that I totally forgot about this week's challenge until yesterday. So this was a bit of a rush job. I made it before breakfast so that I could photograph it and then by lunch time it was in the post for my sister's birthday. If it gets to Ireland in time for the 19th it will be a miracle!!


My bird is one of my favourite Stampendous bird stamps CRC237 Cling Lone Bird. First I blended some yellow, orange and red inks over a panel of text paper from an old book. Then I sponged through a circle mask to create the sun. The flower silhouettes are all from clear Artemio sets I have. The bird was also stamped in black onto the panel. Then I used brush markers and stamped again onto white card and cut out the bird's body.


I roughed up the edges a bit with the edge of my scissors and mounted onto Kraft card. The background paper was from my stash but I added some script using the word stamp from CRS5029 Cling Jumbo Songbird  and some foliage near the base.

The flower embellishment was made from 2 circles of Kraft card (green and yellow Woodware circle punches) I sponged the edges with ink and roughed up the edges with scissors. Then I shaped them on my firm spongy mat with a large ball embossing tool. A stitched button finishes my rustic flower. 
I am first up this week, so I will be checking daily the  Woodware blog to see what the other girls come up with.
Siobhan x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Siobhan,
    In your Mon. Dec. 17, 2012 blog post titled "A Little Birdie Told Me" you used a lavender flower stamp in the bottom right hand corner of the image. I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the stamp from? If you have the stamp name (number) and company name I would really appreciate it.
    I really enjoy your work and have had fun going through your blog archive.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...