Saturday 29 December 2012

Woodware - Just a Note

I thought I would have a bit more crafting time over the Christmas period. But by the time I got the Christmas dinner on the table I was shattered. I don't know about you, but as I get older I find the run up to Christmas extremely exhausting. Husbands just seem to expect Christmas to happen as if by magic. It's when they ask things like "And what did you get for my parents?" that I just want to disappear into a quiet place and hibernate until it is all over.
This week at Woodware the theme is "Just a note". Rather than a card I had great plans to decorate a note book for myself, to keep tabs of my crafting deadlines. But so far I have just managed the front cover. This is a work in progress so please forgive me!!
I had a nice plain black notebook that I bought a while ago and thought it would be nice to decorate. Those of you who know me will know I have a thing about nice notebooks. But this one will be dedicated to all things crafty, like DT deadlines, interesting websites and a record of ink pads and pens etc to avoid duplicate buying at craft shows!! 




I used dictionary paper then stamped a selection of Stampendous stamps. I added a bit of Frantage powders to the flourish stamp and also on the metal bookplate. 

 
I filled in the bookplate with glossy accents. I added a bit of colour with some coloured pencils.




 I love the magnolia stamp. The botanical style image just fit my theme perfectly.
On the inside I started stamping but as I already said this is a work in progress. The green is too bright for me so I will cover the inside covers as well. And I will divide the book into sections using file tabs and more stamped images.


I will show it to you once completed!!
I would like to wish all of you a Happy New year, especially to my friends and fellow DT members. I hope you get some quality crafting time over the holiday!!
Siobhan x

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully decorated book Siobhan. Love the bird and framed sentiment. Hope you had a good Christmas. Best Wishes for the New Year . Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stamping on your notebook, the magnolia stamp is beautiful ! I've said I'm not doing Christmas again, I wonder why more husbands don't get murdered at Christmas but then we love them really (I think!). Have a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reаlly likе what уou guуs tеnԁ to
    be up too. This typе of clеѵeг wοrk anԁ exposure!
    Keеp uρ the wonderful workѕ guys I've incorporated you guys to our blogroll.

    http://Buckettruckforsale.blog.com/
    Here is my blog used trucks usa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the very good works guys I've you guys to my own blogroll.
    buy driftwood australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...