Tuesday 11 December 2012

Woodware - Christmas Tags and Toppers

This week's challenge at Woodware is "Christmas Tags and Toppers". I made tags last year for this challenge. So this time I thought I would make some toppers which I am using to decorate jars for some of my colleagues at work. I bought the jars at Lakeland because I wanted them to be all the same size. I have lots of jars in my craft room but when I dragged them out they looked like they were only fit for a jumble sale. I was going to make 3 different ones for this post, but this weekend just kind of disappeared!! So it's just the one today.


I used the Stampendous "Snowy Postcard" for the front topper for this jar. It was layered up with ovals. Before sticking onto the front of the jar I made a lace edged band to fit round the jar. 


This was punched using one of the crafty edger punches. To give it more of a vintage feel I sponged the edges softly with brown ink and then added a strip of patterned paper and some organza ribbon.

For the top of the jar I made a round topper with the same stamp. Now all that is left to do is to fill the jars with jelly beans or dolly mixtures. I will do that at the last minute just to prevent the temptation of a certain person helping themselves!!


I have since added a bit of glitter on both toppers to give a bit of festive sparkle. I have five of these to make and each one will be different and while I am at it I am making an extra topper to use on a matching Christmas card. Well, that's the plan!!
I hope all your Christmas preparations are going to plan. When I suggested to my family that perhaps someone else could cook the Christmas dinner this year, there was a very long silence!! Never mind, us Mum's always seem to get there in the end.
Siobhan x

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for some other great post. The place
    else could anybody get that kind of information in such an ideal approach of writing?

    I've a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the look for such information.
    Here is my website ... this site

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...