Friday 23 November 2012

Woodware - Black and White Christmas

There have been some gorgeous samples on the Woodware blog this week. I don't do much black and white normally so this was a bit hard for me!! However after seeing what my fellow DT members have done I could be converted.
Well here is my effort. It is an easel card and features an old but still current Stampendous stamp of the three wise men. There is so much detail in this image that I felt it would work well for this theme.



 I apologise for the photos, they are not great. I am struggling to get daylight just now. It's darkish in the morning leaving for work and completely dark by the time I get home!!.
The borders on the main card were stamped using the border stamp from a clear Stampendous set called "Damask Chair". It is such a lovely border which I use for lots of things and I thought it worked well here.
The black matting layers are black glitter card for a bit of Christmas bling (although it doesn't show up in this photo!!)



 And of course I had to add a few pearls. Woodware sell strips of pearls in lovely scroll type patterns which are great for adding that little something extra!!
Be sure to check out what the other girls have made this week for loads of inspiration.
Hope you have a great weekend!!
Siobhan x











 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely classy Christmas card Siobhan, I love those wise men, I must dig this stamp out and use a little more. Love it. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...