Thursday 22 November 2012

The Stamp Man - Emboss it!!

This month at the Stamp Man we were set an embossing challenge. Any type of embossing so I went with heat embossing with powders for this Christmas card.
I have used normal powders and some Frantage powders to hopefully give this card the wow factor!!


 The main image is the gorgeous Stampendous "Snowy Postcard" Stamped twice onto white card using coffee Archival ink then colour added with Distress inks. The edges of the postcard were "Frantaged" using several colours of the aged and shabby powders.


The background was made using blended Distress Inks onto thick white card then distressed and layers of stamping. I then embossed white snowflakes (free from last month's Craft Stamper" magazine. The border at the top is from Stampendous and comes from the jumbo cling Hollyhocks set. 
To finish off I die cut a Tim Holtz reindeer from mount board, coloured and stamped with Distress inks. Then it was triple embossed with clear powder. And then finally more frantage powders around the background edges.
I really like this, so will probably give it to my husband, that way I get to keep it!!
You have until the end of the month to enter the Stamp Man challenge and have a chance of winning a gift voucher......so what are you waiting for!! I enjoyed this challenge and got another Christmas card for my box!!
Siobhan x
 

4 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Siobhan - a beautiful image in lovely hues. The little reindeer pops fabulously and all the frantage does indeed add the wow factor! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lurrrrve your reindeer!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful Siobhan , you have made the frantage look elegant. I don't blame you for not sending this very far, I wouldn't either! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say that your card is absolutely gorgeous, particularly that little reindeer. I have just acquired this stamp (I even ended up dreaming about it!) and was inspired by your card, particularly the embossing. I incorporated embossing into my card but shaded the image differently with more browns, used different papers and embellishments (I think looking at your description the snowflake stamp was the same one) but what a difference that embossing made - even though inking my nestie with embossing ink to create a "gilded edge" made a right old mess. Thank you for the inspiration - I have become a follower too.

    My card is here http://chrisandcatpapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/snowy-postcard.html
    I've put a link underneath to yours as one of the cards that inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...