Wednesday 24 October 2012

Woodware - Up cycling

Just a very quick project this week. We are getting a few jobs done in our house at the moment. As you can imagine the place is in a bit of a mess and naturally lots of things get dumped in my craft room!! Hopefully by the end of the week things will be back to normal and my shattered nerves recovered.
So here is my very quick up cycled tin to fit with our up cycling theme at Woodware this week. I get these white tins from work and they are a great size to hold pens.



I cut a piece of nice background paper with not too much pattern on it (this was a Magenta paper). Then I stamped several layers of foliage stamps along the bottom edge.

 
 These are from the latest Woodware release JG5272 "The hedgerow" .


I stamped in two shades of green then a brown to give me a layered look. Then I added a sprig stamp (Stampendous) and embossed that with gold powder.


 The final touch was a band of gingham ribbon around the top. I can now store all my new brush markers in one place!!
Hope you are having a good week. I can't believe the clocks go back this weekend. I better get the head down next week and start my Christmas cards!!
Siobhan x

2 comments:

  1. Amazing what you do with bits and bobs!Did you glue the paper on to the tin?
    Looks fab.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pencil holder...but is it safe?....just a bit freaked out by the radioactive symbol!?

    I've seen that stamp before, but not so large...great at this size I think!

    Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...