Tuesday 2 October 2012

Back Home!!

Linda and I got back home on Sunday night tired but happy!! We had a great weekend of crafting, talking, eating and craft shopping. I almost managed my target of 40 Christmas cards to take over to my Dad in Ireland this weekend. Tonight I am having a break from putting insets in them!!
Although this retreat was do your own thing, Janet and Michelle made sure there were several mini workshops and demo's. That's what's great about having so many talented crafters in one place...we can learn so much from each other. Liz, my crafting buddy from Livepool showed us how to make a box frame. This is one she gave to me which I love.


Isn't it gorgeous!! Linda did a demo on her grungy alcohol inked embossed mirri card, Janet did a lovely paper pieced Noel. I did a little demo on the cards in my last post. Barbara did some paper punching and Emma showed us how to make a lovely little folded book. So as you can see something for everyone.
Here is what I was making in batches of 4.

 
 I love this little Penny Black robin. He is old now but gets an airing every Christmas.



This is a Hero Arts cling that has a solid background which lends itself to using Distress markers and spritzing with water. Simple but so effective, I think.

Another cutie Penny Black stamp. My Dad likes ducks (and geese), so this one should go down well.

 A more grungy background for this gorgeous Crafty Individuals stamp.


Another old favourite is this Hero Arts Pinecone. So simple but I love it.

 This is a Magenta cling stamp. I usually do it with Autumn colours but I wanted something more wintery. You can probably guess, I only took one border punch with me. The other two I had intended to take were still sitting on my desk when I got home!!
I think I will have a break before I start my own Christmas cards. But I think they will be simple this year.
Siobhan x

 

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Siobhan - your cards are always so inspirational and I love it that you helped me fall in love with my distress inks all over again. I am going to have a go playing with my Hero arts wintery trees too and see what I come up with! Thanks for sharing your talents with us all xx Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,your cards are gorgeous - love the grungy stag, he's stunning. Looks as if you've had a wonderful time and your gift is fantastic - how lucky you are.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis,
    Gosh you were busy over the weekend, I thought you went to relax!! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend and catching up on all things crafty.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, every one of them. I so want to attend one of Janet and Michelle's retreats, sigh - hopefully I'll make it next year. Back to your cards - they are inspirational and I think I'll be trying out one or two of those techniques. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic selection.Love them all.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...