Saturday 25 August 2012

Dreamweaver Blog Hop

 
All of this week, the Dream Team and the Woodware UK teams are celebrating the release of the new holiday designs from Dreamweaver Stencils. Of course, no celebration is complete without prizes...and there are some fabulous ones for those commenting on both sides of the "pond". 

Each team will be providing the opportunity to win four prize packages of stencil designs, perfect for the holidays. Just leave your comments each day on each players' post as well as the Dream It Up! and Woodware UK blogs, and the Dreamweaver and Woodware Facebook pages. Two random commentors  will be chosen from the batch of weekday posts, one each from the DW and WW Facebook pages, and from the big hop on Saturday...from each side of the pond!* That's a total of eight prize packages up for grabs! Here's what you could win:
I chose this lovely new Dreamweaver design LJ921 Heart Ornaments. I just loved this simple design as soon as I saw it. I decided to go vintage for my first card.


 

I blended 3 or 4 colours of dye inks on some white card stock. I lightly stamped the music background in brown ink (Stampendous music score). A few splatters of water adds to the vintage look. Then I stencil embossed the design and added colour with pigment inks and a stencil brush through the stencil.

I stamped through the stencil with a flourish border (from Stampendous clear set Elegant Borders ). I added some Stampendous Frantage Aged Gold to the edges before mounting onto the background.

The background paper was very simply stamped with a new Stampendous pine boughs and embossed with gold powder. 


To finish off I used one of Woodwares new crafty edgers and some green and gold organza ribbon. And of course a pearl or too!!
I haven't had much time this week to go blog hopping so I am looking forward to sitting with a cuppa this afternoon and catching up with all the girls both sides of the Atlantic to see what they have created with their stencils. 

Don't forget to leave me some holiday cheer as you move on to the other players for today:


Remember to follow along with the challenges on the Dream It Up! and Woodware UK blogs for more prize opportunities, and more crafty inspiration, as well as "liking" DW and WW on Facebook.
*Winners selected must be from USA/Canada/UK only.










8 comments:

  1. I love the vintage look of your card. Many steps but worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card with a sweet vintage look! I love it! I also love all the Stampendous goodness you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Gorgeous!! Love the inkiness to it! And the water splotches in the inky background look like snow to me! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Love all the Stampendous stamps I'm seeing there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved how you used multiple layers of stamping and stencils together for this beautiful card Siobhan. I am getting so many ideas from this hop - just have to try and remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really gorgeous! I just LOVE the stamping with this stencil. Your style is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely incredible. I love your vintage look. Will be trying to make this card. Very Very gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous dimension and layering, colors, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...