Friday 18 May 2012

The Stamp Man Challenge - A Card for a Queen

It's a new challenge today over at the Stamp Man. Sue is hosting this one and she has chosen "A Card for a Queen" as the theme. With the diamond jubilee and the Olympics fast approaching, this is the perfect theme.
 I decided to use a fairly new set from Stampendous called "Damask Chair". This is a clear set that I bought from the Stamp Man last year along with another Stampendous set called "Elegant Borders" The two sets work perfectly together.


I started off by blending Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Dusty Concord distress inks onto white card stock and a white tag. I then used a large flourish stamp (this one is a Hero Arts one I use a lot). I inked it with Versamark and spritzed with water then stamped onto the background to remove some colour to give the water mark or faux bleach effect. I built up some soft stamping on top with the same flourish and a music script background stamp.
The rest was just stamping some of the elegant borders down the sides and across the base of the tag. I embossed some with gold for a touch of opulence and gold embossed the edges of the tag. My chair was stamped in purple onto white card and cut out. 


I found a silver Tim Holtz charm in my hardware box. To make it fit my colour scheme I inked it with gold ink and embossed with detail gold powder...which worked a treat. I added some little pearls to finish it off. Then a bit of seam binding and a sparkly jewel button. 


And there you have it ... A card for a queen!!
There are some gorgeous samples from the other girls in the team so be sure to check them out. And remember if you enter with your creation you could win a £10 voucher to spend with The Stamp Man. 
I won't be blogging quite as much for a while. I need a bit of time out to recover from an ongoing health issue and so have given up some of my DT commitments. I will still of course be visiting some of my favourite blogs but just won't have too much of my own stuff to share for a while. 
Let's hope the weather improves for the weekend. I think we could all do with some sunshine!!
Siobhan x
 

6 comments:

  1. This is just lovely! Much love and I hope you are back blogging in no time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan, I love the colours you have achieved on this background, one of my fav. techniques as well.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is a regal and royal stunner Siobhan and that chair certainly is fit for a queen to have for a day. The colours and techniques you have used are perfect and I particularly love the gold embossed edges.
    I hope you will soon be fit and well again and back showing us your wonderful creations. Take care and have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beutiful card - the colours are gorgeous.
    I hope you start to feel better soon and are able to blog your lovely creations.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the crown, such a fab touch. Hope you are doing ok :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Siobhan! Sorry to have got so far behind with comments, but I always sooooo enjoy your work. Thank you so much for creating with Stampendous products! You always make us so proud!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...