Friday 2 March 2012

Creative Expressions - Bella Rose



This month our DT are all working with a set of stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations called Bold Bella Rose and Heartfelt Belle Rose die set.
I have made a quick card for my first project. A neighbour asked me for a Get Well card for a friend of hers. As she is quite elderly I wanted to make the card quite old fashioned. The background was made by stamping the rose leaf sprig onto a panel of parchment paper in two colours (Brilliance Pearlescent Olive and Galaxy Gold). Unfortunately you can't see it in the photo, but it really shimmers in the light.


The rose was coloured with Distress Inks. I inked up the whole stamp with Antique Linen, then added Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed to the rose. I added Brushed Corduroy and a little Vintage Photo to the leaves. Then spritzed lightly with water to blend the colours.
I am so excited about the new Distress Markers and can hardly wait to get my hands on some. They are definitely high on my wish list!!


The rose was cut with the matching die. I then used Spellbinders Labels 5 to mount it. I also stamped a crackle glaze stamp in brown to make it look more vintage.
Then a few little pearls to finish off. 
It has been a pretty hectic week and I am so looking forward to some down time this weekend. Hope you all have a good one!!
Siobhan x

3 comments:

  1. Been catching up with your blog posts Siobhan - lots of fabulous creativity! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Siobhan these are fantastic I love them . They are now on my wish list which is getting longer and longer since I have been blogging . This is a fabulous card well done I love it, love the way you used the crackle glaze I have never used that ....oops another thing onto my list.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Siobhan, love the crackle background and the vintage feel. Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...