Monday 6 February 2012

Creative Expressions - Garden Chic Project #2

Here is my DT piece for Creative Expressions this week. I am a bit behind again but this time was due to illness. I am on the mend now but still feeling a little fragile. The joys of working in a hospital. At the moment we are surrounded by staff sicker than a lot of the patients!! 
So I'm afraid it was a quick make this time. We are currently using the lovely "Garden Chic" set by Eco Green.

    This time I have used the fab butterfly.

The  Spellbinder (Labels 2) was blended with Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress inks. I then added some interest by lifting off ink with a background stamp. There is a tutorial for this technique in the tutorial section!!
I stamped the butterfly twice, once onto the label then onto a scrap of white card coloured with the same colours. I cut out the butterfly, curled the wings and stuck on with silicon glue to keep some "movement" in the wings.


To finish I made a flower using the Spellbinder Carnation Creations dies. I cut out about 8 of two sizes from text paper. Because the paper is thin you can cut them out altogether. I lightly coloured the petals with Dusty Concord distress. To get the shimmer I sprayed the butterfly and flower with some Cosmic Shimmer Angel Mist.


The shimmer ribbon is also available from Creative Expressions.
Siobhan x

3 comments:

  1. So very pretty and shimmery! So very sorry you've been unwell - glad you're on the mend but remember to rest and recouperate! Much love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling a little better Siobhan. Love your card, the colour is so rich, I love it, must se more myself. Love the butterfly. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...