Tuesday 10 January 2012

Woodware DT - Handbags at Dawn

This week at Woodware our theme is "Handbags at Dawn". To me that conjures up an image of two girls battering each other with their handbags over some boy they both like.....better not go there..!!!
I am not really a girly person so I don't have a lot of handbags or handbag stamps. But I did find this Dreamweaver stencil in my stash.

Dreamweaver Purse  LL395 

 

  • I stencil embossed the purse onto white card by running it through the Cuttlebug.
  • Sponged Brilliance Orchid ink onto the main section. Then masked the fringe and clasp with post-it notes so that I could over stamp with the paisley pattern.
  • I then stippled black ink through the stencil for the fringing and clap and handle. 
  • The rest is some simple matting and layering and some stamping onto the background paper.
  • A few pearls finishes the job. The sentiment is from Stampendous and I thought it was just perfect.

Check out the Woodware blog to see what the other girls have done with their handbags..!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Siobhan, Fab card and as you say so girlie, Rosie would love the colours you have used for this! Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan,
    Happy New Year to you. I love what you have done with this stencil and the colours and sentiment are fabulous.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous girly card, love the stamping on the handbag, very effective. Great card and sentiment. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative Siobhan and the bag is so attractive - great colours and fabulous sentiment to go with it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...