Monday 16 January 2012

This week's theme at Woodware is "Winter Wonderland". So far this year we have escaped the heavy snow that we had last year. But today is very cold and frosty. This morning when I took my dogs out before work, the ground was sparkling in the moonlight. Which is the effect I was trying to achieve in this weeks card. 


 I used one of my favourite Dreamweaver stencils LJ849

   It really is a lovely one to use. For this card I used white embossing paste on black card. Once dry I put the stencil back on to sponge the colours through the stencil. I did the moon first through a circle cut with the yellow Woodware circle punch. I used some torn paper to create my horizon line. Then I applied Versamark ink to the snow (again through the stencil) and covered with Crystal embossing powder.
The photo does not do it justice as the snow is very sparkly.
As a finishing touch I used a some Magenta laser cut birds. These were inked then triple embossed with clear powder.
Here's another version I did before for a spring/summer version. In fact it would make a great four season collection!!



Hope you all have a good week and stay warm!! Check out the Woodware blog for new inspiration six days a week. Tomorrow is Dorothy's turn.
Siobhan

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeos Siobhan, love the stencil and your background. The birds are a perfect finishing touch. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative cards Siobhan, love the textures and colours.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Siobhan, I love the backgrounds.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...