Thursday 12 January 2012

Steampunk

Steampunk - I haven't ventured far down this path yet, but would like to have a go. One of the young trainee physicists that works in our department has got a job in a Glasgow hospital. What on earth do you make for someone like that. Luckily I bought a set of Indigo Blu stamps "Grand Tour III" recently. This was a chance to use them.


The background was blended Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo distress inks, then splattered with water. I then stamped with a scratch background stamp (Brushed Corduroy). To finish the background I repeatedly stamped the compass with Brushed Corduroy.
After that it was a simple case of stamping the main elements in black.


I love the quote which is on this set of stamps and was apt for the occasion. A little hardware to finish the card.
I even found this Stampers Anonymous skeleton for the envelope. We do a lot of bone scans in Nuclear Medicine so this was perfect.


Alastair seemed to like it!! And I was quite pleased for my first attempt.
Thank goodness it's Friday tomorrow. 
Siobhan x
 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Siobhan, love the scratch background and the balloon is fabulous. A great steampunk piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Siobhan, this is fantastic and I love the skelly you've put on the envelope. Not venture down the Steam Punk route as yet. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skeleton stamp is still my favourite! I actually saw a Steam Punk book in Waterstone's today- it must be getting fashionable. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Siobhan,
    Fabulous card with great images and your trademark birds. The skeleton on the envelope is brilliant.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...