Friday 13 January 2012

The Stamp Man - Use Red

Sorry everyone I am a little late posting for the new Stamp Man challenge. For some reason I thought it was next Friday not this Friday.
Vix has chosen the theme "Red". With Valentine's day approaching this seemed to be the obvious choice for me.
I used one of The Stamp Man's own stamps from their Labels range for my centre piece. These stamps are designed to sit very nicely into some of the Spellbinder nestie shapes. This one fits into the Labels 5.


For the background I blended Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick and Festive Berries Distress inks. Then I inked up the script stamp (Stampers Anonymous Papillon) with versamark, spritzed with water and stamped to lift off some ink. I use this a lot for backgrounds to give a resist effect and breaks up an otherwise solid background.


The words are computer generated and cut out to fit the Spellbinder banner. And a grunge paper flower coloured red and stamped with the script stamp complete this simple card.


If you want to try this challenge go to The Stamp Man Challenge blog for more details and check out what the rest of the DT have come up with. Remember there's a £10 Stamp Man voucher up for grabs.
Have a good weekend.
Siobhan

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Siobhan, I love the keys and the red. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Siobhan, the elements all fit together perfectly and a great design.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Siobhan,
    Another elegant creation. Gorgeous colours and layout and the stamped and die cut swirls are fabulous. Lovely sentiment.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Siobhan. I had to smile at all the red Distress Inks you have. I only had red brick!!!! They all work beautifully together.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful creation, great use of all these dies and elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...