Tuesday 3 January 2012

Sentimental Art - Project # 2

For this week's Creative Expressions DT project I have made a tag. We are using the Studio 490 set by Wendy Vecchi called Sentimental Art.
For my tag background I stamped the lower two thirds of a white tag with the fabric background stamp using Versamark. I covered this with a detail white embossing powder and melted. Then I blended Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress inks over the top. This resist gives a lovely old vintage lace effect which was the perfect back drop for the mannequin.


I stamped the body of the mannequin with the fabric background stamp using Brushed Corduroy distress ink. The wings were sponged and stamped with Coffee archival ink and triple embossed with clear powder.
I was quite chuffed with the flower. I had bought a pack of Tim Holtz Glassine paper but had not used it. So I created my flower by punching out several flowers in two sizes. I stamped these with a fine grid pattern using Gold Staz-on ink. I then put the flower together alternating the petals onto a brad. Normally I spray with water each layer as I scrunch them up, but with glassine paper you don't need any water as it keeps the shape itself.


I was quite pleased how it turned out. And the little sewing machine charm and inch tape ribbon just finish it off.
Check out the Creative Expressions website to see all the Studio 490 stamps in stock.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, love all the details, it's beautiful. I have done an art frame with the mannequin for next week LOL. Great minds LOL. This is stunning Siobhan. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Very, very cool! Love this lots! Fabulous work! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really beautiful, and I love the effect you have got with that background stamp as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful tag Siobhan, I just love the dressed dress form and your flower is perfect.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ablolutely fabulous Siobhan - I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you lined the flower up with the stem on the lace background...the white resist has worked perfectly too....must get some glassine paper me thinks!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I must of missed this post the last time I had a peep. Its soooooooooooooo gorgeous. You have such a gifted talent with all things crafty, very inspiring xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...