Thursday 5 January 2012

Back to Day Job..!!

Well that's it, the holiday period is over. I went back to work yesterday. Now don't get me wrong.. I do enjoy my job. But it would be nice to have a bit more time at home!!!
I have a few birthdays coming up, so that will keep me busy for a while. Then next weekend our circle journal group meet for the second time to exchange our journals. I have nearly finished my two pages for Maggie. As I can't share these until the journals are finished, I will post a birthday card I made recently for a friend.
I got the weathered clock alterations die for Christmas and this was my first chance to use it.

 
The background was blended distress inks on white card stock. Then splattered with water. Then I over stamped with the foliage.
For the clock I embossed it with Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder to give a lovely old rusted effect. After rubbing off the release crystals I rubbed over a black ink pad to distress further.


The quote is from the Studio 490 set "Sentimental Art" that we are using this month for the Creative Expressions DT. I love my Umbrella man ... I use him loads.
Thank goodness it's Friday tomrrow.
Siobhan

7 comments:

  1. Fab card Siobhan, I love the blended background coupled with the clock and umbrella man. Love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sooo much Siobham. Everything come together so beautifully! Perfect!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The strong clock and sense of time against the soft background is a fabulous contrast Siobhan. A fabulous card.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep looking at that die and feel quite tempted! It reminds me of a Rene Magritte painting that has raining men... no umbrellas but it has that feel.
    Lovely card as always.
    Françoisex

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Siobhan, I love the background.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Siobhan, I really like the background you created and love the effect on the clock xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. background is nice it so much likable background

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...