Sunday 15 January 2012

Altered Mirri Card Notebook

Here is the notebook we made with Linda last Sunday at the Perth Fair City Stamper's Craft Club. As I explained, the pieces started off as silver and gold mirri card.
I have never been a fan of Mirri card, as my customers from Stampaholics know. But once altered it's great. And a whole lot cheaper than using metal sheets.

The Front Cover
I went for blues, purples and greens. The nice thing is that everyone had a completely different look.

The Back Cover
I think next time I will go for a more masculine look. I know my son Paul would like this so I will make him a travel journal. He is hoping to go to Canada this year for work experience. It would be a nice useful gift for him to take with him.

The whole notebook
So Linda, thanks again for the inspiration and very detailed instruction sheet. 
Better go and take the dogs out, Alfie is getting very impatient. He does not understand that his mistress needs to blog!!
Siobhan

6 comments:

  1. You would never know this was mirri card, very effective, looks just like metal. Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Siobhan, so effective and lovely colours - I want to make one!!!
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing notebook, the mirri card looks fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy crafter you Are!! Love the book. Thank you for your kind offer of some bit and pieces. I'll get round to e-mailing my address. Been so busy... Françoisex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this.............will you ever put details on a tutorial for this or can you give info on where you can learn to do it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...