Saturday 10 December 2011

Creative Expressions - Bon Voyage

For my DT piece this week for Creative Expressions, I have made a money envelope. I make several of these at Christmas time for giving vouchers or money to nieces and nephews. I think it makes it feel much more of a gift if it's in a nice envelope.
So I thought the Bon Voyage set from JustRite would make a nice general theme for a man to give any time of the year.

My coin envelope home made template
They are quick and easy to make.

I found some nice foil french script paper (I think it is a Penny Black paper) to matt onto the envelope which I cut from blue Bazzill cardstock.
I cut out a Spellbinder Label Four from white card stock and blended Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Chipped Sapphire distress inks onto it.. Then I stamped the Fleur de Lis and embossed with a detail gold powder. This was layered onto a gold label nestie and finished off with a couple of fleur de lis corners from the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Doily set.

Then on the back I used another die from the same set as a fastener for the envelope. And the little gold embossed crown just finishes it off.


I have just posted my Christmas parcel to my family in Ireland. Phew ...!! So Sis, if you read this the parcel is on it's way and your birthday pressie is in there too!! 
I am usually more organised than this. I reckon I still need to make another dozen Christmas cards. However they will not get done tonight. I am planning on a couple of glasses of wine for the Strictly Come Dancing semi-final. I have been excited all day...!!
Siobhan

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea Siobhan, love the die on the back too. Must admit I am ready for a little relax now after working on DT pieces all day. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous way to make money a perfect gift Siobhan. Love it.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea! Love how it's for a man in the example - we often struggle with manly designs do this inspiration is well needed in my house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...