Saturday 8 October 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge - Circles

Sorry folks, I am a day late posting this for the Stamp Man DT challenge. I am just back from Ireland and have been playing catch up. I had a lovely time catching up with my Dad and sister. My Dad is a fantastic cook. Despite resolutions not to over indulge we did come back a couple of pounds heavier!! My sister Michelle is also into crafting, but there are very few shops in the Southern Ireland. So I always bring her over a few bits and pieces. I even talked her into starting her own blog Michelle's Craft Place. I am hoping she will enjoy it once she gets to grips with it. I met her two new dogs Lewis and Amber. Her lab Andy died of old age and her terrier Ruby was sadly run over. I think we are definitely a doggy family - couldn't imagine being without dogs in our lives.

 Do you like the beautiful toadstools I found in the woods near my Dad's house when I was out with his little dog Trixie.

Listen to me...prattling on!!! I am sure you just want to see what I did for the new Stamp Man Challenge. Lisa Sparkle set the challenge this time to use circles!! Well that should open up limitless possibilities. I thought I would have a go at a Christmas decoration using Spellbinder circle nesties.


 I used the largest Lacey Circle nesties to cut 2 circles out of Kraft card. For the top circle I cut a smaller circle in the middle to make a frame. I then embossed the lacey frame with white embossing powder. I brushed a little powder off here and there to create a more distressed look. The inner circle was cut with a bigger circle, stamped the snowflakes in Versamark and embossed with clear powder. I then used Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky) over the top to show off the resist snowflakes.
I used my Tim Holtz die Reindeer Flight to cut the deer from mount board. This was stamped with a music score stamp (this one is from Stampendous). I then coloured with distress inks then triple embossed with clear powder to make it shiny. A couple of snowflakes from glitter card (Spellbinder dies) and a bit of ribbon and it's finished!!
I love Reindeer for Christmas so this die will definitely be useful.

So if you fancy playing along - start thinking CIRCLES and join us at The Stamp Man Challenge blog and show us your creations. All products used in this project are available from The Stamp Man. The shop website is undergoing a makeover at the moment. I am looking forward to seeing the new look!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi
    Blue and brown is always an elegant combination. This is definitely an elegant Christmas ornament.
    Very special.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Siobhan such a fabulous decoration. I haven't got my piece made yet!!
    Glad you had a good time away.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Christmas decoration.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love it! Fab toadstools, what a great pic. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the card and love seeing the photo of the mushrooms too ;)
    Cazx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...