Tuesday 13 September 2011

Creative Expressions - Christmas Post

For this week's Creative Expressions sample I am using a Christmas set I got last year called Christmas Post. This very versatile set UMCHRISPOST is one of Sam Poole's designs. I used it last year for Stampaholic's very last One Day Workshop.

Christmas Post
 It has so many lovely little elements as well as several main images.
This is one of the cards I designed for the workshop. It is so quick and easy - just what you need for batching your Christmas cards.

I used the pine sprig to create the trailing garland effect. I also picked a soft green background paper to stamp on.
  • Start at the bottom and stamp up towards the centre of where the circle will be. I stamped first in a soft grey, then over stamped with Archival Library Green.
  • Stamp the snowy cottage onto the background paper with Archival Library Green ink and immediately cover with crystal embossing powder. Although Archival is a dye based ink you can emboss with it if you are quick!!
  • Cut out with circle nestie and matt onto a scallop nestie.
  • I finished off the trailing pine by adding dots of liquid pearls and covering them with crystal glitter. 
  • Add your sentiment and you are done.
Where would we be without Nestabilities!!!
I am sure some of our regulars from Stampaholics will remember this one.
Siobhan

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely! So simple and yet lots of detail when you look! Love the stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card. I have this set, its a lovely set to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - stunning card love the colours you have used - thanks for sharing ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Christmas card Siobhan.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Micro Keylogger may help you answer to the question," What's the best anti key logger tools. So there goes your number one computer protection.

    my website - keyloggers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from Canada. I Loved, Loved, Loved your card. I am trying to find the Christmas Post stamp set, so far, no luck. I love your combination of greens, its so soft. Mona Sweline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...