Tuesday 26 July 2011

Woodware Design Team - Summer Fun

As soon as I saw this title I immediately thought of the seaside. And although I do have seaside stamps none of mine are available from Woodware.
So I have gone for a garden theme with my accordian tryptich tag card. Most of us do spend alot of time in our gardens at this time of year when the weather is good!!

The stamp set I have used is a Francoise Read set called "The Garden" FRCL042. There are lots of fun images to build up a garden scene.

In the Garden


The sentiment is from StampendousH248 "Everyone Smiles". No matter where in the world you are, people love a beautiful garden!!

The "green washers" to cove the tag holes were made by punching with a hand punch the smaller hole. Then line up the hole in the centre of a orange Woodware circle punch, to create the washer. 


The flower is a favourite technique I use for making flowers. I can't claim the credit for this one as it was in a magazine!! I have used two sizes of flower punches - this was the Woodware six petal flower. I punched 4 larger ones from double sided patterned paper, and 3 smaller ones. Choose a coordinating brad and layer up the flower on the brad starting with the small flowers. Offset each flower until all 7 secured by the brad. Flaten the prongs of the brad at the back of the flower. Then spritz lightly with water. Working one layer at a time scrunch up each petal of each layer. I spritz water after each layer to soften the paper and make it easier to scrunch up. Once all the layers are done pinch the whole flower together. 
Then very carefully unfold your petals from the outside in. Eventually you see your centre brad and you have a lovely vintage looking flower. I usually spritz with a mica spray to give it a shimmer and allow to dry.

Be sure to check out the rest of the ideas from the team at the  Woodware blog. We would love to hear your comments and see your cards in our weekly challenge.

Better get back to my housework!!
Siobhan




3 comments:

  1. Hi Siobhan,
    Beautiful work as always. I love the colours and layout and the garden theme. Those flowers are magnificent. I love it.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - I always find triptychs tricky - see I cant even spell it! This is gorgeous as one panel flows to the next. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card. Love everything about it.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...