Friday 8 July 2011

Woodware Design Team - Sketch Challenge

This week's challenge was to follow a simple sketch.






I wanted to use some lovely new Magenta papers for my background. And the stamp I chose for this card is yet another of my favourite stamps by Magenta. This one is called Shadow Branch. And it is just such a useful little thing! 
Here I have used it with about 4 colours of Tombow Brush Markers directly onto the stamp and spritzed with water. Without re-inking stamp again to get the soft shadow background. I layered it all up and I needed a little something to finish it off - hence the butterfly. 

Shadow Branch Thank You



The butterfly was from a sheet of chipboard shapes by Magenta. I inked it with Versamark and built up 3 or 4 layeres of normal gold embossing powder (you don't need to use Ultra Thick). Then press the shadow stamp into the hot molten powder. If you ink up the stamp with Versamark it will release more easily. Then I brushed over a copper mica powder (I used Pearl-ex but any make will do). Because the Versamark is in the impression, the powder sticks to it. I love this technique. It allows you to make some lovely embellishments to match your project. 

The butterfly in detail



Check out all the other DT samples on the Woodware Blog . The girls have all been very creative this week.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Siobhan. Have a great weekend.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...