Wednesday 8 June 2011

Sketch Challenge 1 - Woodware Design Team

This week the challenge is to use a sketch for the layout. After that anything goes.
I decided to keep pretty much to the basic sketch. I chose to use a favourite stamp of mine from Stampendous called "Agapanthus Cluster". I have used this stamps many times. There is another sample on my blog where I have used it in a different way. It is one of those stamps which has versatility written all over it. Why not check out all the other samples at the Woodware Blog

For the main panel, I sponged the sun through a post it note punched with the yellow Woodware circle punch. I used purple and green Tombow brush markers directly on the Agapanthus stamp then blended the edges of the panel with green ink to soften.

For the gold panel I stamped the Agapanthus heads several times using gold ink and embossing with gold powder. The long green strip was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder to add another layer of texture. I finished off with a little glitter on the flowers (which you can't really pick up in the photo) and a punched out dragonfly and some pearls.

  
Agapanthus Cluster

3 comments:

  1. Your card is FAB Siobhan !! Thanks for the fish !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Siobhan - what a lovely feeling of serenity. Hope you had a WONDERFUL break !!

    Margaret C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of a sketch.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...