Monday 20 June 2011

Back from Holiday

Hi everyone
We are just back from a holiday on the beautiful island of Harris in the Outer Hebridies. And by all accounts we had much better weather than on the mainland. I did take some craft stuff with me in case of bad weather, but I am happy to say it stayed in the boxes!! So I have no crafting things to share with you today. And judging by the jungle that is my garden and the mountain of washing and ironing, I won't be crafting for a few days yet.
Thanks so much for the lovely comments on the posts that appeared whilst I was away. And I will catch up with all my favourite blogs soon!
Here a a few of my holiday snaps to bore you!! Seriously though, if you want to go some where breathtakingly beautiful, peaceful and lots of wildlife, then the Scottish west coast and islands are hard to beat. I have fallen in love with the Hebrides and hope to go back next year again.

Ben Luskentyre (one of the hills we climbed)


On the causeway between the island of Berneray and North Uist


Early morning view from our cottage (I was letting the dogs out!!)



The colours of the water are amazing!
Rory having a leisurely stroll along the beach at Luskentyre
Another amazing place - Scarista bay
Mean and moody - view from the cottage over looking Loch Tarbet

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,
    Fantastic Photos.Glad to hear you had a relaxing holiday and recharged the batteries.Best wishes to Catriona for Thursday and Sean for Friday.
    love Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Could do with going there to recharge my batteries. Glad you had a great time. Will catch up with you over ne xt couple of days. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Could do with going there to recharge my batteries. Glad you had a great time. Will catch up with you over ne xt couple of days. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I would love to go there. We are just back from a different sort of lovely island, Manitoulin Island in Lake Huron in Canada's Great Lakes. Also lots of rugged beauty, but quite different. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...