Saturday 14 May 2011

Less is More Challenge - Week 15 Embossing

This weeks challenge is a single layer card with embossing. I don't know about you, but I find single layer cards more challenging. You can't hide behind layers of nestabilities and embellishments. So good to get back to basics now and again. 

Painting with Powders

This technique is known as "Painting with Powders". I stamped the image (Hero Arts) with Versamark. I then covered the bottom third with Golden Sand embossing powder (all Stampendous powders) and tipped off towards me. Next I used Caramel and tipped off over the first colour. Finally I used Periwinkle and tipped that off over the first two colours. I find that gives a more graduated join of colours. I was trying to create a kind of hillside effect with the blue sky behind. 
The sentiment and small brown flowers came from a Dark Room Door set I have. I sponged the edges of the white card blank with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.
http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2011/05/week-15-one-layer-card-embossing_14.html

27 comments:

  1. it's a beautiful card, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful image and great embossing technique. fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design Siobhan, love it. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, like the idea of painting with powders must give it a try.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card with a really interesting graduated effect!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"
    If you could remove word verification it would make commenting much easier for us, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, using more than one colour embossing powder produces stunning effects really makes this card. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love your shaded embossing. Beautiful card. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really beautiful card. Thanks for explaining the technique you used, will give it a try. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab effect Siobhan, looks FAB
    For me Id not have the extra stems at the bottom as that panel is stunning on it;s own
    Thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very pretty indeed. LOVE your blog title BTW! Can I join your group?

    Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and what a great embossing technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always create the most beautiful, nature inspired artwork.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card love the effect of the different colours of embossing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice technique, such a pretty card, love it;0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card - love the embossing technique to create the 3 colours. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, love the technique with the EP.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! I missed out on all these lovely embossing colours after the demo day. Need to get my thinking hat on now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow-a really effective card and now I have read all the work you have put into it I can see why. Just love the effect and the colours you have used.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all your comments, for such a simple card. This is a lovely technique which I have used alot. I will post some other samples I have made with this technique. I have some in a box somewhere.....
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful job with the coloring of the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This technique is new to me but makes a fantastic card, love it :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful...love the technique you used...so lovely:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How wonderful. It reminds me of the layers of coloured sand you get in jars. Great technique. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your main panel and the technique you've used. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations. I really like it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...